1. Preparing the laboratory for lab sessions.
- Liaise with teaching staff on their needs for Science experiments.
- Provide assistance to teachers in regards to student’s safety during experiments.
- Prepare the laboratory in advance before the lesson starts, set up any laboratory
- Equipment needed for the experiment, such as microscopes, test tubes etc.
- Prepare simple reagents regularly used during lab procedures if requested.
2. Cleaning the Lab
- Cleaning up any spills, washing the equipment and glassware, such as conical flasks, pipettes and beakers used by students.
- Put back all the chemicals and equipment in the designated place after the lesson ends.
- Dispose of unnecessary materials, broken apparatus or any damaged equipment in accordance with regulations, including toxic substances.
3. Promoting safety
- Ensure that first aid kit boxes contain necessary materials.
- Ensure that all safety materials are in place and functioning such as emergency shower, fire blanket, fume hood, lab coats, goggles etc.
- Ensure that students adhere to the lab dress code and wear protective gear, such as safety goggles, during experiments.
- Ensures that students do not practice any unsafe behaviors in the lab.
- Lock up all the reagents and unplug all electrical equipment to minimize the chances of accidents and fires.
- Show the students how to handle chemical spills, dispose of broken glassware and get rid of non-hazardous and chemical waste safely.
- Ensure that toxic and non-toxic materials are stored in their proper cabinets.
- Prepare and order materials needed for laboratory experiments as instructed by teachers.
- Perform routine servicing and maintenance of equipment.
- Keep a record of all equipment and materials available in the laboratory area.
- Monthly inventory for all laboratory equipment and materials.
- Keep track of all equipment going out to other campuses making sure they are returned in due time.
- Remind teachers to return borrowed equipment so other campuses may be able to use it as well.
- Cambodian national
- Educational background in Science or relevant field.
- High level of English proficiency
- Experience working in a lab is preferred.
- Experience working in an international school setting is a plus
- Compassionate, organized, flexible and a team player
- Excellent record of professional and personal integrity
If you wish to apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a “Specified Position” in the subject line. Your application must include the following:
- An up-to-date resume with a current ID photo
- A copy of passport/ID
- A copy of the Cambodian Visa when applied within the country
- Educational degree, certificates and licenses
- Three professional references from direct supervisors; and
- An up-to-date criminal record check/clearance report, issued within the last 6 months.
Due to the high number of applications received, we can only respond to shortlisted applications.