Interested in working at FIS? Our teachers are professional, qualified teachers who work to deliver a core curriculum and work to expand our students’ minds in a very real and tangible way.
To really enjoy themselves and do well, teachers must be open to new ideas and be patient with different ways of doing things, as working at FIS is a highly cross-cultural experience, filled with a variety of challenges, rewards, and exciting and encouraging moments. For those who can do this, FIS provides a great teaching atmosphere.
Teachers work together, sharing ideas and expertise, and often find in Cambodia a general way of life which is a little more laid back, a little more relaxed, and a lot more interesting.
If you are interested in working at FIS please keep an eye on this page, as vacancies will be posted here first.
Job Title- Expat Teacher for Primary
- Instruct the set curriculum, preparing in advance all materials and lessons necessary to do so
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning by utilizing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- Work closely with Teacher Assistant in evaluating students’ performance and accomplishments on a regular basis
- Work closely with the Teacher Assistant in recognizing student learning problems and make referrals if necessary
- Respect the confidentiality of student record and information
- Create a parent newsletter when requested
- Prepare a monthly overview document outlining what will be covered in your class (scope and sequence)
- Complete report cards each term for each student
- Provide care and ensure the safety and well-being of every child in the school
- Be responsible for ensuring adequate supervision of safe recreation and play period for the students during class recess or break times
- Be available for Parent-Teacher conferences at the end of each term, which generally occur after hours or on a weekend
- Attend all school-sponsored functions that occur during regular school hours, such as opening ceremony, graduation ceremony, etc.
- Serve on committees when requested by management
- Attend public workshops and other events outside of regular school hours when given prior notice
- Make themselves available to speak with parents before or after classes, or when called upon by the school management to do so
- Maintain facilities, resources, and materials in his/her classroom and the school
- Establish and maintain a cooperative relationship with other teachers and staff
- Perform administrative tasks as required by the school
- Check email daily during the working week
- Comply with working hours
- Other reasonable tasks requested by the school management
Expectations of Professional Behavior:
Moreover, the employee will be required to adhere to the following guidelines for the duration of this contract:
- Make use of constructive criticism and avoid the use of sarcasm, undue criticism, inappropriate language, and behavior,
- At no time make use of racial and/or ethnic slurs when dealing with others.
- Observe professional lines of communication at all times with individuals in and outside the school system.
- Maintain the confidentiality of school and student records.
- In case of absence, notify the Director or Administration staff in advance, and delegate responsibilities to other staff, ensuring the smooth operation of the school.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching / Education or relevant field
- Experienced in teaching the Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) Program is an advantage
- English as a first language or clear, fluent English
- Passion for working with children
- Experience working with children
- Be open to change and committed to continuous professional improvement
- A valid criminal record check
*All teachers must provide valid criminal report clearance, degree certifications and other reference documents at their own cost
Placement Date: As soon as possible.
Interested candidate should submit their CVs to the following email to email@example.com, with POSITION in the subject line.